Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A PUBLIC APOLOGY TO ELDER RAVENFIRE 1/24/07

I have contacted Elder Raven Fire [or elder ravenfire, elderravenfire, ERF] privately via e-mail. I have decided to post this announcement to serve as an electronic public apology to Elder Raven Fire.

Elder Raven Fire shows no electronic indications of being 'a danger' or 'dangerous.'
I have examined the "evidence" and found that it is merely a collection of inaccuracies
perpetrated by individual or individuals with their own agendas.
I have retired permanently from helping to distribute any gossip, suppositions, or lies.
I am no longer participating in this particular witch war, flaming, drama.
Washed up.
Pulled the plug.
Fini.
Done.

Any of you who believe you have concrete "evidence" to the contrary, don't bother me with it because I do not care. It remains your responsibility to present your "evidence" or "suspicions" to the proper authorities-- which would not be me.


We are not all the same. We all have stuff that weakens us, that sets us apart from health. We all also have strengths that we can utilize to overcome our problems. We are NOT our labels.
People can have anger problems, mental hell conditions, alcoholism, drug addiction, lack of insight, misinformation, bad spelling, bad math skills, freckles, blue hair, spiritual experiences which are different from yours, mystical inclinations, imagination, concrete thinking, obesity, eating disorders, too-thinness, laziness, poverty, possessions, love, loneliness, hacker tendencies, unusual hobbies, unusual pets, unusual tastes, unusual accents, gambling problems, real problems, imaginary problems, more than one personality, no personality, an occupation, no occupation, disabilities, good sex, bad sex, average sex, no sex, gardens, frogs, good cars, bad cars, mediocre cars, no cars, three feet or any other thing.

It is truly tragic this spitefulness which has its roots in the pagan community-- this vindictiveness and willingness to locate perceived vulnerabilities and capitalize on them--
that reminds me of how predators operate.
Elder Ravenfire is NOT the predator in this particular situation overall.
We the oppressed have now become the oppressors. And that truly SUCKS.

Elder Ravenfire, I am sorry for the things I did to cause you and your wife and your online e-group any pain.

radical sapphoq

4 comments:

Elder RavenFire said...

I thank you for doing this. It means a lot. It is truly a hard to say sorry, and mean it. And to do it publicly is even harder. Thank you. Blessed be, ERF

sapphoq said...

I do mean it.
And I will stand by my word.
sapphoq

Unknown said...

I have never thought ERF was "dangerous," except maybe in the way Wiccanwade was... a minor threat to good discussion forums, and possibly an obstacle in the path of a few seekers.

However, if he wants to grow to be more than that, he'll need to learn to deal with criticism. His current methods--insult, ban, and shout "oppression"--inspire some people to more heated communication.

If he doesn't want flamewars, all he has to do is stop playing. If he doesn't want to "be hurt" by what people are saying about him, all he has to do is stick to the principles he claims, and let other people manage their paths while he sticks to his own.

I won't claim I'm involved to "help" ERF. I'm doing this to help the people who might otherwise think he really is an "elder." I will insist that he *could* gain from this strife--if he'll set aside his ego long enough to figure out which complaints made at him are going to be repeated by every experienced pagan he encounters.

I don't, however, expect to see any signs of such growth online. If he changes his habits IRL, I won't know about it. *shrug*

(P.S.: the "visual verify" bit on this page doesn't load the picture on Firefox; I had to use IE to comment.)

sapphoq said...

How about this, elfwreck?

If WE, being possibly a bit older than Elder Raven Fire and possibly a bit wiser than Elder Raven Fire,

stop engaging in any heated conversations with him

and if WE [those of us who are qualified; I myself am not] concentrate on posting accurate information on the internet regarding our own paths and witchcraft and paganism etc...

then perhaps there will be no more witchwars.

If WE don't want witchwars or flamewars, we can push the "back" button and move on.

We cannot change others.
We have a right to object, to correct, and to detect-- but lets do it on our own web turf shall we?

This particular witchwar is over at least for me it is.

My Firefox does load the visual verification bit-- amybe it's your security settings?

Take care of you. I do indeed wish you well.

sapphoq

ps I don't know anything about the Wiccanwade that you mention.