Thursday, June 01, 2006

CENSORSHIP


Part of the reason why I got my own domain and have chosen to host some of my blogs on my own domain is due to censorship.

Censorship does exist out here in netville. I have seen what happens when censorship strikes in a misogenous and hurtful way. Some of the most talented women writers over at Yahoo [Yahell, Yahole] 360 blogsite have been TOSsed out for various things like daring to write about love and sex. Some of the most untalented men have been allowed to stay on even though they post pictures of what one can only assume to be their own penises on their homepage. Those grown men who offer "friendship" to boys are also unmolested by the y-bots.

Yahoo and others are free to censor us as they choose. We are free to go and be heard in other places. Am I still on 360? Yeah. Will I stay "forever?" Who knows? I suppose I too could be TOSsed out of Yahoo 360-land.

Part of freedom of speech and electronic expression involves freedom of distribution. If you are a blogger and you care at all about preserving your right to type away about things that you feel passionate about, then please consider joining the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Someday, the axe may be whistling at YOU.

~radical sapphoq

No comments: