Friday, November 30, 2012

A Bit on Autism



One summer some years ago, I had the privilege of being a companion to an autistic kid; and also of helping him in his morning summer school sessions.  We had much fun and I often think about him even now.

I dedicate this video to Brett.  Wherever you are Brett, I hope that you are not thinking of yourself as some fractured kind of puzzle piece.

We are who we are and being who we are is both freeing and terrifying.  Yet, I would have it no other way.





I found the video on you tube.  I thought that it gives a radical hopeful expression of things that helping professionals in their ignorance want to change and should not.

Let us celebrate our differences, embrace them.  By doing so, we can lead the way to a better tomorrow.

radical sapphoq

No comments: