Saturday, October 04, 2014

It Happens




     Some overly-sensitive/ false egomaniac/ don't-you-know-who-I-am sort of author doesn't like a book review and threatens to sue.

     Some copyright troll/ copyright monopolist/ Big Hollywood type issues a take-down notice and threatens court action.

     Screw the first amendment.

     Screw fair use doctrine.

     What is justice when you don't have money to fight back???




     As for the first example, it has happened to me. I consulted legal counsel and followed their instruction.

     The thing is, if you are going to claim "special" knowledge then at some point you ought to think about how you are going to prove that you have taken courses, gotten a degree and another degree, do indeed possess special knowledge far and above that of most human beings on the planet. 
     Hiding behind the idea of "it was a secret ritual" doesn't cut it. Period.
     A diploma on your wall from a mail-order university that accepted thirty-five pages of your poorly written "thesis" about your personal experiences proves nothing. I can get that same "degree" for fifty bucks from that same company. Yes, I checked. The idea that bunches of people "love" you is not good enough.
     Fraud is fraud. Using your fake degree to charge insurance companies a rate similar to the rate that properly credentialed PhDs charge is fraud. That the insurance companies are too stupid to know it does not excuse your actions. 
     Claiming worldly success and having a lover verbally abuse you on-line does not require that I hang out to watch. Having a lover physically and emotionally abuse you in your home [and you denying that you want help to get out of it] means I excuse myself from your friendship. I refuse to bear witness to something that you feel is "love." I hope you are able to get out someday. Even if we never are able to become friends again, I hope you find the support and courage to split from that scene.

     The second example has not happened to me as of yet. I absolutely refuse to purchase anything with that D.R.M. crap on it. Whatever else I do-- if I do anything else-- to fight the unfair enforcement of copyright laws is not something I will publish here. There are far too many egofags around. And informants. The current number of informants seem to be hovering around twenty-five percent. 


radical sapphoq says: If you are in the fight, then shut up about it. If you aren't, then you may want to consider getting educated. Check out what Anonymous is doing. Check out what Electronic Frontier Foundation is doing. Check out what your lawmakers are doing. If you don't know what is happening around you, then you are subject to the illusion that "all is right with the world." It isn't. Justice is not always just. Word.
     

No comments: