Monday, December 04, 2006

AT&T, BROKEN CONNECTION 12/4/06

I remember the days when the phone company was The Phone Company.
Times change, and whatever the politicians decide is good for business is usually what happens. Uh, well okay, that was a gross generalization and I am not sure I believe that.

Last month, for $3.oo a month extra, we made the switch. We got high-speed cable computer access, a bunch more teevee stations, AND freebie phone calls throughout the United States and Canada. For three dollars more than what we were paying for cable and computer, I thought that was a nifty bargain.

This month, I got the final AT&T bill, indicating that we had a sizeable credit on our long-distance bill-- that is to say, because we had switched. Today, I got on the phone-- via cable-- with a gentlemen from AT&T customer non-service.

"I have one more question," I said to him. "How long would yous have waited to give me my refund if I hadn't called today?"
"The refunds will be mailed out on the seventh of the month."
After repeating myself three times, I got the answer.
"Ninety days," he admitted hurriedly.

Lookit here phone home come home to AT&T, I am done with being touched by you monthly whatever the current slogan is and all of that. Sure, it is probably legal for you to keep my bisexual bucks for ninety days, and earn interest on my bisexual bucks for ninety days. But is it ethical?

Oh, I forgot. What is good for business is usually what happens.

radical sapphoq

1 comment:

Jeremy Crow said...

It's amazing how soon we forget when AT&T owned ALL phone service and treated us to the wonderful line "You have to pay what we tell you to, we are the phone company!" which is why I have never dealt with AT&T from the second I was allowed not to, and haven't dealt with Verizon the minute I could tell them "You're Fired" ;-) JC