Friday, September 13, 2013

The N.S.A. Continues, and a free picture




     I'm glad that Ed Snowden did what he did.  He demonstrated great courage.  He risked all in order to tell us something that he believed we needed to know.  Ed Snowden remains an hero to my way of thinking.  I presume that he is still in Russia somewhere learning Russian and perhaps working by now.  I hope that he is safe from those who want to bring him back to the United States in order to prosecute him while the true criminal-- the entire N.S.A.-- remains free to spy on everyone everywhere all the time.

a red pic with darker background and the words "N.S.A." and "not safe anymore" and "notable spying activity" appearing in the foreground
Yes I made it myself from a photo that I took and the legally included fonts in my legally obtained digital art/photograph editing program.  Yes you can download it and use it on the Internet.  Hot-linking is frowned upon.  Right-click and save to "My Computer" if you want it.  Copyright conglomerates, your presence is not welcome here.

     The media continues to release documents and information which makes it quite clear to the average aware citizen exactly how powerful and how bloated the agency has become.  There is outcry on Twitter and throughout the Internet.  Away from the computer, there is a certain rage lacking in the commoners that I happen across on any given day.  Anecdotally speaking only, most of the folks that I run into on a day to day basis have no idea about the extent of the information-gathering that the N.S.A. has been [insert legal word] allegedly doing.  That the N.S.A. has been conducting itself in an underhanded fashion [in my opinion] and continues to do so in spite of the revelations [in my opinion] is no longer a newsflash in the Twitter streams.

     Why doesn't the populace know about it?

radical sapphoq says:  Do this, if you want to.  Every day tell one person about the N.S.A. and what has been revealed.  Tell that one person why he or she should care.  Tell that one person why you care.  In order to change this stuff, more people have to know and reach beyond their self-imposed walls of apathy to respond.  Up the radicals!

No comments: