Tuesday, October 10, 2006

FOLEY'S FOLLY PART THREE 10/10/06

http://www.newsok.com/article/2954042
-Page Jordan Edmund interviewed with the FBI today for approximately 90 minutes.
-He did not give a statement to the news media afterward.


http://www.washtimes.com/upi/20061007-084158-5003r.htm/ October 7, 2006 article from the Washington Post indicating that
-Page Jordan Edmund will co-operate with the FBI, according to his lawyer.
-His lawyer is Stephen Jones.
-Stephen Jones represented Timothy McVeigh in the bombing. Stephen Jones is a republican.
-Jordan Edmund is currently a 21 year old aide to Rep. Ernest Istook, R-Okla.
-Staffer Scott Palmer from House Speaker Dennis Hastert's office spoke with Senator Mark Foley about inappropriate SOCIAL contact with male pages approximately two years prior to other staffers in Hastert's office spoke with Foley regarding e-mails to [a page] from Louisiana.

Direct quote from the Oct. 7, 2006 at 10:20AM article at the Washington Post site:
Foley allegedly sent an instant message telling page Jordan Edmund, now a 21-year-old aide to Rep. Ernest Istook, R-Okla., to "strip down and get relaxed," CNN reported.



http://www.abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=nation_world&id=4640778 10/10/06: Channel 6/ABC Philadelphia website reports that
-Former chief of staff Kirk Fordham from Mark Foley's office states that he spoke with the House Speaker's staff in 2003 or possibly in 2002 regarding Mark Foley's conduct toward pages.
-Kirk Fordham has a lawyer also. His name is Timothy Heaphy.
-Rep. Jim Kolbe, Arizona states that an ex-page he had sponsored contacted his office and registered a complaint about an e-mail that he [ex-page] received from Mark Foley.
-Rep. Jim Kolbe told Mark Foley about the complaint and also told the [at the time] House Clerk Jeff Trandahl.
-Jeff Trandahl is no longer the House Clerk.
-He has a lawyer. His name is Cono Namorato.
-Cono Namorato states that Jeff Trandahl will co-operate with FBI and House Ethics Committee.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/international/detail.asp?ID=92315&GRP=D, a site which re-posted the Washington Post article published on 10/8/06 in full written by Elizabeth Williamson.
-Jordan Edmund was popular with female pages and is not himself a homosexual.
-Jordan Edmund has been interested in politics as a teen.
-Jordan Edmund is taking a year off from U-Cal/Berkeley and is currently the deputy campaign manager of Istook's run for governor of Oklahoma.
-An anonymous page claims that Jordan Edmund boasted about being friends with Mark Foley.
-Some blogs are speculating that the messages from Jordan Edmund was a prank designed to get Mark Foley to send back messages of a sexual nature.
-Jordan Edmund has a MySpace blog where he goes by EDMO!
-It is alleged that Mark Foley mentioned visiting a former page in San Diego in some instant messages.
-Stephen Jones who is Jordan Edmund's lawyer denies that it was a prank. Stephen Jones referred to Jordan Edmund as Mark Foley's victim.

From the Drudge Report website: http://www.drudgereport.com/page.htm direct quote:
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU OCT 5 2006 22:01:25 ET XXXXX CLAIM: FILTHY FOLEY ONLINE CHATS WERE PAGE 'PRANK GONE AWRY'**Update** According to two people close to former congressional page Jordan Edmund, the now famous lurid AOL Instant Message exchanges that led to the resignation of Mark Foley were part of an online prank that by mistake got into the hands of enemy political operatives, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal. According to one Oklahoma source who knows the former page very well, Edmund, a conservative Republican, said he goaded an unwitting Foley to type embarrassing comments that were then shared with a small group of young Hill politicos. The prank went awry when the saved IM sessions got into the hands of political operatives favorable to Democrats. The primary source, an ally of Edmund, adamantly proclaims that the former page is not a homosexual. The prank scenario was confirmed by a second associate of Edmund. Both are fearful that their political careers will be affected if they are publicly brought into the investigation. The prank scenario only applies to the Edmund IM sessions and does not necessarily apply to any other exchanges between the former congressman and others. Developing...

Also goto this site: http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Y2Y2YWI3ZTI3ZjQzMWRkYzVkMmYwNjIyYTA5NWRhMjA

Matthew Sheffield's blog http://newsbusters.org/node/8115 also pasted the information from the Drudge Report, but he got to it sooner than I did. He re-posted the Drudge Report on 10/5/06 at 2:57pm [time zone unknown to me]
PJ Gladnick and Mark Sheffield themselves were hypothesizing that Democrats were behind the Mark Foley incidents.
-Two Jordan Edmund associates who are so far unnamed stated that the whole thing was a prank.
-Former FBI Chief Louis Freeh will investigate the Mark Foley scandal.


And finally, a small blog on blogspot which supposedly was contacted by one or more alleged pages who were the supposed recipients of Mark Foley's supposed titillating sexual verbal and/or physical advances:
http://stopsexpredators.blogspot.com/

The author of the blog did not fill out the "About Me" section of the blogspot profile. The profile shows when he/she/they started the blog and how many hits the profile has received as well as the name of the blog. The author states that [he or she] started the blog to stop on-line sexual predators.

Misspellings were left intact. Some spacing changed here because in copy and paste operations to Blogspot, some of the spaces were eliminated. Also for readability.
Direct quotes are all lifted verbatim from the blog to give you a flavor of what you will find there:

Shocking Emails:
I have been away for a while, so please accept my apologies for the lack of blog posts. BUT....while I was away, the blog has been noticed and some shocking emails have been received!!!! I can hardly believe it! I'm posting each one below. It's proof that the Congressional Corruption of the past is alive and well today. It's up to us to expose it and stop this predatory harassment! Please promote the blog and email any further information to
stopsexpredators@gmail.com . Together we will make a difference!
FIRST EMAIL
From: congress intern Signed-By: yahoo.com Mailed-By: yahoo.com
To: stopsexpredators@gmail.com
Date: Sep 12, 2006 12:34 PM
Reply Reply to all Forward Print Add sender to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
I saw your article’s about Congressional sex scandals with interns. Let me share what happened to me.I was near the end of my internship for Congressman Foley’s office he asked me for my email. I was not sure why he wanted but I gave it to him anyway. A few days later I got an email from him in the middle of the night asking me for pictures. I sent him a few pictures of me and other interns at work. A few days later he emailed me asking for more pictures of me but not from work. He was looking for personal pictures of me. I ignored the email he started emailing me telling me that he was going to be visiting my area. H e said he wanted to get together with me. he wanted me to come up to his hotel romm. I think that he was looking to have sex with me. After\n that email I block him from my email address Congressintern01

SECOND EMAILFrom: hill boy Signed-By: yahoo.com Mailed-By: yahoo.com
To: stopsexpredators@gmail.com
Date: Sep 17, 2006 7:55 PM
Subject: Outraged by skinterns?
Reply Reply to all Forward Print Add sender to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
After reading your post on skinterns I wanted to fill you in on what really goes on in the halls of Congress.I used to be a House LA on the Hill working.When I was working up there, folks use to refer to the Terrible Three – Barney Frank, Mark Foley, and Jim Kolbe.Everyone knows about Barney Frank’s exploits…living with a man who ran a gay prostitute ring out of Frank’s house…and how he how used to hit on men much younger than him.And Jim Kolbe…everyone who works on the Hill has heard rumors about Kolbe. One of my friends even told me that Kolbe hit on him on several occasions.Despite all the stories, Frank and Kolbe are well respected because when they got caught, they admitted that they were gay.That and neither Frank nor Kolbe have anything on Foley.People were always talking about seeing Foley lurking in locker rooms around DC looking for sex, how he especially likes teenage boys, and frequents gay bars around D.C. and in his district.


THIRD EMAILFrom: repub intern Mailed-By: hotmail.com
To: stopsexpredators@gmail.com
Date: Sep 18, 2006 2:07 PM
Subject: CONGRESSIONAL CORRUPTION!!!
Reply Reply to all Forward Print Add sender to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
My dad who gives a lot of money to republicans got me an internship capitol hill. I thought that I was hot shit, having such a good internship after my freshman year of college.After a few weeks, I was finally learning my way around DC and I was enjoying my job.One night, I decided to go out with my new fake ID to my first gay bar.I went to this bar named Coblot.There was old guy who would not leave me alone. He kept following me around.I tried to get him to leave me alone by going to the bathroom.Instead he followed me in and tried to grope me.A few days later my boss had me run something over to another congressmans office. It turned out that the guy who groped me was Representative Mark Foley.


Stop Sex Predators
Thursday, October 05, 2006

I CAN'T RESIST
There are a few points I want to address. I keep seeing things in the press and on the blogs (which I never read until all of this started going on).First, I can't believe that Speaker Dennis Hastert is blaming this blog on people like George Soros and Bill Clinton. That's just an attempt at escaping responsibility. What does it matter who actually posted those first emails? Which leads me to my next point.....How the heck can the FBI investigate this? Media reports say that they had the emails that I posted over a year ago. How are they investigating the House leadership for not handling it when they got the emails and they didn't look into it either?Although I totally blasted the media earlier for being lame for a whole year on this matter, I think they may be our best hope for the entire truth coming out in this matter. So, I hope they will ask questions about not only when Republican Leadership knew about it, what they did, how they were connected, what favors took place, etc; BUT, I hope they will also ask questions about who in the FBI let this go without investigating.The TRUE HERO here is the page who reported the emails in the first place. Can you imagine how he has felt over the past year? For an ENTIRE year, NOTHING was done to show this kid that he was justified in reporting this sexual predator to the authorities. I've seen a lot of press and read a lot of blogs in the past week, but NOBODY has given this kid credit for the incredible courage that he showed not only a year ago, but for the entire past year while he MUST have questioned if he did the right thing. Well, he did. Kudos to him.
posted by Stop Sex Predators at
1:25 PM

GOOD POINTS FROM READERS
Just having gone through the hundreds of emails I have recently received, I found a couple of points that I feel warrant being posted. They come from two separate emails, so I will copy the body of both below, but also withholding their names/email addresses. I generally agree with the points that they make and thank them for sending them along.

FIRST EMAIL:First, I'd like to CONGRATULATE you on your efforts to stop sexual predators! Anyone who has been a victim of incest can identify with how it feels to be sexually hounded by someone and the requistie lifelong effects that has. You are providing a much-needed outlet for these young people who have been preyed upon; often times they are confused by the action(s) and feel they are the only ones who have experienced it.Second, I just have a few suggestions in light of the Congressman Foley scandal. Since many interested people will be checking out your blog for information, I suggest you make clear what defines a sexual predator. Combined with the political spin about the Foley scandal, and people's general confusion about this issue, the facts are getting marred. For example, often times the fact that these pages were minors -- under the age of 18 yrs. -- is seeming to escape peoples' thoughts. And, more importantly, people are forgetting that sexual predatory behavior of a minor is a CRIME! It is not "flirting," just sending "naughty emails," or happening because one is homosexual.The point I'm making is, like incest or sexual assault, sexual predators come in all forms -- and from all classes. I see nearly every night on my local news, stories about sexual predators, and more often they not, they are not the ones in business suits; rather, they are portrayed as some working class thug. So I'm proposing that those who post on your blog, provide their ages during the time they were preyed upon, and where it occurred (meaning the context, like "at work"), and how it made them feel.I feel your blog is going to be a very useful tool in getting sex predators. Good Luck with your efforts!
SECOND EMAIL:I just came across your blog and wanted to say a few things.First, your statement to the press is perfect!Second, I'm sorry to hear that threatening comments had been posted, and that you've been receiving threatening emails. I have a hard time understanding why anyone should find fault with you, but then I have a hard time understanding much of what passes for logic among some people.You do say to email you if there is something one feels needs to be posted. I have no information on this, but there is a point (two actually) that I think needs to be made. Since you have the ear of many people and a wonderful way with words, may I ask you to consider making one or both?There is now discussion on eliminating the page program, and I don't understand why I've yet to hear anyone make the connection: If young people 16 years old up to college age aren't safe on Capitol Hill, it's probably not the pages who need to be removed. What does it say about our elected officials that we can't trust them around these kids? What does it say about us that we still trust them to run the country? What does it say about all of us, that we're considering doing away with a tradition as old as the country is, that provides a such a wonderful opportunity, with so little outcry? After all, it isn't that there's illness spreading, or natural dangers (prone to dangerous weather or earthquakes), or the high crime rate has been a problem for the kids. The threat is our own elected representatives!The second point is emotionally charged, and if you're already getting threatening emails, you probably should stay away from this one. I would like to know though why Foley's homosexuality is such an issue. What if he had gone after female pages instead of male pages? Would that be all right? Maybe that is going on and no one is saying anything about it? As a fully heterosexual woman, it makes no difference to me if an unwanted sexual advance is made by a man or another woman. The minute I make it clear that it's unwanted, I expect it to stop. NO full adult should be preying on our kids, certainly no one in positions of power and authority. It doesn't matter what the gender of either one is! I'm concerned that Foley's sexual orientation is overshadowing the real issue here - he had no business treating ANY page as he did.There is one way in which his sexual orientation is relevant. I find it amazing how many Republicans are gay, given the party platform on homosexuality. Can we say hypocrisy? But that's another matter entirely.
posted by Stop Sex Predators at
11:29 AM ...


...READ THIS
Hello Folks. Maybe I'm not so happy that so many people are coming to this blog site. I'm not interested in media interviews. Thank you for your interest, but if you were doing your job to begin with, Mark Foley would have been exposed a long time ago. Instead of wanting to do a story about this blog, how about covering the fact that the media sat on this story for over a year. You're as bad as the Congressional Leadership that covered for Foley. In case you didn't notice, all of the comments on the blog are gone? Wonder why? Because there are so many awful people out there. I started getting threats, so I decided that if somebody was going to threaten me, they were going to have to email me directly. So, they have continued to do so. There is no logical reason for someone to be so angry. I understand that the ramifications of these emails is far and wide. Much farther than I could ever have imagined. Regardless, think about how awareness has been raised. AND.....here are the answers to some questions that have been posed. I am not Karl Rove, Mark Foley, or John Boehner. I am not employed in Democratic politics. I am not 'funded' by George Soros. I'm nobody that anybody should care about. So, please, go about your day as if I don't exist. If you have something that needs to be posted on this site, please let me know.
posted by Stop Sex Predators at
8:38 PM
Monday, October 02, 2006

Let's Focus....
Let's keep our eye on the ball here.I'm thrilled that so many folks are looking at this simple blog. Please attempt to limit your comments to the purpose of this blog. I understand the media coverage is continuing to dominate Congressman Foley. Law enforcement is now involved and will sort out the truth. In the meantime, if you have further information, you can continue to email me at
stopsexpredators@gmail.com . If you have any ideas that I should post, please let me know. I'm happy to pass along information about the current situation, but would much prefer to keep marching toward the large goal or stopping sex predators. I don't think we'll see it in the Congress anytime soon, so let's focus our energy elsewhere.Thank you again for your interest in http://www.stopsexpredators.blogspot.com/ !!!!
posted by Stop Sex Predators at
1:23 PM
Friday, September 29, 2006

WOW!
I'm not quite sure what to say. I started this blog a couple of months ago with the aim of stopping sex predators. It looks like we stopped ONE. A corrupt Congressman has resigned and dropped out of his race for re-election. THIS IS A GOOD START. And it's a good and visible start.But let's not lose aim of what this site is about. This is a high moment in the beginning of our little web community. I've been very pleased at the amazing response we've had.Please continue to visit the sight on a regular basis and report any information you know or have heard that we can look into.We have gotten inquiries from almost every major news outlet in the country. Perhaps if we get good information on here again, I can go back to some of those reporters and they can help expose these predators. It might not be as big of a news story as the past few days, but maybe we can keep stopping them!!!!! That's what we're here for!! Thank you everyone for helping to stop our FIRST sex predator!
posted by Stop Sex Predators at
10:30 PM

Thursday, September 28, 2006

NEED MORE INFO!!!
I haven't posted anything since those emails came through. I never intended for this blog to go in this direction. BUT, after a lot of thought, I decided that this is just one moment in the roadway of this blog and it's actually living up to its purpose.SO, WE NEED MORE INFORMATION!!! The number of hits the blog is getting is steadily increasing. Does anyone know anything about CONGRESSMAN RODNEY ALEXANDER? There are some comments under the post of the emails from Congressman Foley. What does it mean?
posted by Stop Sex Predators at
10:30 AM
Sunday, September 24, 2006

Emails from Congressman Foley to 16 Year Old Page!!!!
This is absolutely amazing. I just received these emails. They were sent by Congressman Mark Foley to a 16-year-old male page. I have removed his name to protect his identity. But how shocking is this? I can't believe this was emailed to me? There must be even more out there. Email me at stopsexpredators@gmail.com and let me know what we should do!!!! Something must be done!!!!
posted by Stop Sex Predators at
11:06 AM
Thursday, September 21, 2006

HOLY COW!!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! This is another email that I received today. I'm absolutely flabbergasted. KEEP THE EMAILS COMING!!!!! Maybe we will get enough to make something happen!! Email me at
stopsexpredators@gmail.com .Here's the email:
From: No Body Mailed-By: hotmail.com
To: stopsexpredators@gmail.com
Date: Sep 21, 2006 11:18 AM
Subject: No Laughing Matter
Reply Reply to all Forward Print Add sender to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
I am tired of people treating this thing with Congressman Mark Foley like a joke. It is not funny. He's a danger to any young, slightly attractive young man on The Hill. I came to Washington because I care about the future ofAmerica. I wanted to be around good and decent men like President George Bush. Instead, I feel like a piece of meat. The worst part of it for me is there appear to be plenty of my fellow interns who don't mind Foley's particular "path to power." Please, if there is anyone who knows what I should do tell me. I am genuinely afraid of this man. Anytime he is around he just leers and one guy told me he asked for his email address and got abunch of invitations to go out and "party" whatever that means. Help. Help.Help.
posted by Stop Sex Predators at
4:47 PM

Sunday, September 24, 2006 http://stopsexpredators.blogspot.com/2006/09/emails-from-congressman-foley-to-16.html

Emails from Congressman Foley to 16 Year Old Page!!!! [Sunday September 24th 2006]

[Alleged e-mails were ?scanned? into the stopsexpredators site and did not reproduce with my copy and paste operation. The first one listed Maf31 at aol dot com as the From. The next three listed Maf54 at aol dot com as the From. Contents as follows:

Glad your home safe and sound...we don't go back into session until Sept 5...si it's a nice long break...I am back in Florida now...its nice here...been raining today...it sounds like you will have some fun over the next few weeks...how old are you now?

I just emailed will...hes such a nice guy...acts much older than his age...and hes in really great shape...I am just finished riding my bike on a 25 mile jouirney now heading to the gym...whats school like for you this year?

I am in North Carolina and it was100 in New Orleans...wow that's really hot...well do you missDC...Its raining here but 68 degrees so who can argue..did you have fun at your conference....what do you want for your birthday coming up...what stuff do you like to do

How are you weathering the hurricane...are you safe....send me a pic of you as well....]

This is absolutely amazing. I just received these emails. They were sent by Congressman Mark Foley to a 16-year-old male page. I have removed his name to protect his identity. But how shocking is this? I can't believe this was emailed to me? There must be even more out there. Email me at stopsexpredators@gmail.com and let me know what we should do!!!! Something must be done!!!!
posted by Stop Sex Predators at
11:06 AM

radical sapphoq's verdict:
-Every one in the Capitol building retains a lawyer.
-The stopsexpredators blog site is a total scam. Or, the author is sincere and people wrote to her scamming her. I tend to lean strongly toward the first-- that the site is a scam. Probably written by a survivor of sexual abuse with unworked through trauma issues and histronic tendencies OR written by someone or someone and friends as a total prank.
-The FBI should investigate the author of the site thoroughly and give ?her? a good scare so she won't scam like that again. Or give them a scare so they won't prank off of a prank again.
-Mark Foley is a closeted homosexual with a taste for "twinkies."
-When he was pranked by some pages, he did not have the good sense to not respond.
-He may or may not have showed up at the dorm of some pages and he may or may not have been drunk at the time, not that it matters.
-He is running scared for some other reason than Instant Messages and/or e-mails to pages containing questionable sexual inneundos.
-He may not be guilty of anything other than poor judgement regarding the pages. More will come to light as to what he actually said or did not say to the page or pages involved via electronica.
-Edmund Jordan is in possession of old emails which show only an overly friendly closeted gay man who is somewhat desperate to retain his fading youth and wanting some gay sex.
-Mark Foley quit Congress because his is running scared for some other reason than a bunch of Instant Messages and/or e-mails containing questionable sexual inneuendos. The other reason probably has nothing to do with twinkie sex but he is afraid that an investigation will reveal that reason. He went to treatment for alcoholism and "behavioral disorder" to avoid being censured by his peers.
-Mark Foley was told to resign and he agreed to because of this other reason which we do not know and may never know.

~radical sapphoq

No comments: