Monday, April 03, 2006

BIGOTS

We are afraid. We do not understand. This is the way we've always done it. This is who we are. This is how we live. This is our world. If you don't like it, get out. Not in my backyard [NIMBY]. You people. Some of my best friends are ____________ . They don't bother anyone. They keep to themselves. They are not our kind. Stay away from my daughter. The other side of the tracks. The wrong side of the tracks. The other. The stranger. I just don't like you. The back of the bus. The handicapped bus. The handicapped parking space. G-d made you get sick and you're gonna die. Don't ask don't tell. Why do they always have to show off? It's none of my business what they do in bed. Love the sinner but hate the sin. I'm not prejuidiced. I love everyone. Get your hands off of me. You smell. What are you, some kind of a ______? Lazy bums. Parasites. Living off of the system. That's my tax money. Go back to where you came from...

I grew up with these things. I fought them viciously as a child and teenager. Now even today, I continue to battle with my own prejuidices and bigotry.

No comments: