Tuesday, April 04, 2006

WHY THE HATE

How is it that we can go through life without really absorbing the beauty around us? There is so much of it! How is it that we can go through life hating what we do not understand?

All of us have a right to be here--gay, lesbian, straight, bisexual, transgendered, atheist, polytheist, non-theist, christian, jewish, islamic, hindu, pagan, witch, wiccan, hedgie, b'hai, black, white, tan, brown, red, yellow, pale, dark, crippled, bent, disabled, temporarily abled, tall, short, fat, skinny, nerd, grunge, nuts, sane, addicted, abstinent, poor, rich, middle-class, prisoner, slave, free, .........


We are all here living on this one battered planet. Maybe we should try just a little bit harder to stop killing each other off in the name of religion or politics. Why do we have to use who we are to separate ourselves from other human beings??? People are dieing everyday because WE HATE. We are afraid of each other and so we never really drop the masks and get to really know the spirit inside of the human beings around us. Zenophobia kills. STOP THE HATE.
I know who I am. I know who my neighbors are. Do you? Where is the love? Is there more than love that matters? Why are we so threatened by people who are different than we are, by those who pulsate with a tribal rhythm, by the outcasts and those we judge as contaminated?
When I came out-- as bisexual, as a survivor of a traumatic brain injury, as a witch, as all that I am--I did not stop being a human being. I bleed. Why the hate?



I refuse to live with a lie. I embrace myself. I am asking for no one's permission to be who I am. Why would you think I should have to? I refuse to shutup. I will not go away. None of us are going away!

Human rights for all people. Let us embrace each other and learn to live a full life free from hate and fear of other human beings and of ourselves.


~sapphoq

No comments: